Saturday, October 24, 2009

What is the correct way to send a business email?

I seem to babble or over explain things in email so I'm trying to practice keeping it simple and to the point. Is there a certain format I could follow. Also, what is a good way to sign out. Should I just stick with Sincerely. I've seen so many different closings late. I just saw one recently that ended with Thanking you, I am. I thought that was weird. Thanks for your help.

What is the correct way to send a business email?
A business e-mail should be identical to a hard copy letter. Set up a blank letterhead form to use. If you try to write an e-mail the same way you'd write a paper letter you should do better. Just keep reminding yourself you're writing a business letter and not chatting or lecturing about something.


I like "Sincerely". After all, a business letter should be sincere. I've seen "Regards" and don't like it. The "Thanking you, I am" is old style.


Have your e-mail address below your name.


If you look in a decent dictionary, they frequently have example of letters.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive