Sunday, October 11, 2009

How do I send emails that only my email address shows and not my name?

I am sending emails, but notice my full name is appearing in brackets before the email address. I do not want my name to be seen.

How do I send emails that only my email address shows and not my name?
CHANGE "FROM" NAME IN YAHOO MAIL


1. Click on the "Options", Mail Options link in the upper right of your yahoo mail page.


2. When the options page opens, scroll down the middle column and click on "General Preferences."


3. At the top of the page that opens, in the box across from "From", click in the box and delete what you have there. Enter a nickname or leave it blank. Only your Email address will be displayed in the From field.


4. Go to the bottom of the page and click the "Save" button.
Reply:Click "options" (top right) on your mail page, click "general preferences". In "name and e-mail" you may change which name (if any) appears in the "from" field for mails you want to send. In "reply to" changes are also possible. Make sure you save your new settings. Note: you should sign out and back in again to make sure that the settings are working.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive