Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What email program can I use to create mailing lists?

Is there a program that I can use for Outlook Express or some other program where I could organize my contacts into mailing lists. For example, friends, acquaintances, work contacts. So that I can select the list and email them instead of going through the list of 100's of contacts in my address book.

What email program can I use to create mailing lists?
Hello,





Here is a guide to creating mailing lists with Microsoft Outlook:





http://www.emailquestions.com/showthread...





You can skip the steps about Microsoft Excel is you are starting a new mailing list from scratch.





-Raymond
Reply:Most e-mail programs will let you make a new contact say "Group" and then give that contact an e-mail address something like this:





TO: "My Name" %26lt;myemail@example.com%26gt;


BCC: "First Person" %26lt;emailone@example.com%26gt;, "Person Two" %26lt;emailtwo@example.com%26gt;, [and so on]





Just separate the e-mail addresses with commas and if you have names for these people, protect them with double quotes ( " ).





If you want to do mailing lists like you sometimes see archived on the internet, take a look at Mailman, but this may be more than you're willing to set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive