Sunday, May 23, 2010

How do I report someone who is breaking into my email and destroying/deleting my messages and photos?

This person has been actively invading my account without my permission. I have changed my log-in and password one time already. Can I report this to law enforcement? What do I do???

How do I report someone who is breaking into my email and destroying/deleting my messages and photos?
It is sad and pathetic but I've recently been in a similar situation and found Yahoo to be INSANELY unhelpful...it was almost as if they were going out of there way to help the criminal over me (a paying customer). I was locked out of my account once and they blamed it on a Yahoo error and reset everything to "normal" -- then days later I was blocked out again and they tipped me off there was suspicious activity. I say "tipped me off" because they wouldn't actually confirm that someone was in there, just insinuated I should "do something" about it. "Doing something" was in turn providing them with a bunch of fake (yes, they told me to MAKE IT UP) information so that the perpetrator couldn't call up Yahoo's help line and pretend to be me to get let back in. Again. When myself and my boss finally got a higher up to take us more seriously, they essentially said "well, you'll need the police to get a subpoena"...whereas the police were saying "well you need Yahoo to tell us that this person did this"...it was a catch 22 and DISGUSTING on Yahoo's part that they allowed someone to get away with this. Even after we discovered who it was, their "help" insured no repercussions were found for the perpetrator. So in short. No. Nothing can be done. As screwed up as it is, unless you have Sarah Palin-like power or a cop willing to bend the rules, I suggest you change all of your account info to fake stuff (again, Yahoo's suggestion) and move to Gmail or a mac.com account -- I am much happier in both those locations. Such a shame, I was a loyal Yahoo customer for years, but they really showed me what they care about most...protecting criminals.
Reply:there is nothing you can do except change your password. they cannot trace him. Although if you can trace his IP address it will give you his address at home because he is probably registered for internet use. Then you can go over there and quote "shoot him in the face for hacking" unquote.

business opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive