Friday, November 6, 2009

Is it better to encrypt only important email or to encrypt all email?

I imagine sending out fewer pieces of encrypted (OpenPGP) email gives potential spies fewer samples to work with in trying to decrypt. But encrypting all email could "hide" the important email in the midst of a ton of banal everyday email. Any thoughts? What if we extend the idea - if lots of people on the net are sending encrypted email, is any given individual's privacy more secure because of it?

Is it better to encrypt only important email or to encrypt all email?
Your thoughts are nice and I agree with you. If we all encrypt our data then privacy would increase.





Unfortunately not all people want to learn how to encrypt/decrypt. Even when then learned that most of the information travels on plain text. Like this answer.





For me, I stopped using PGP as nobody wanted to decrypt my emails. So I only use TrueCrypt for my own files, on my computers.





Regards.

face book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive